Pages

Sunday, February 6, 2011

Losing my mind...

I'm usually a more dedicated writer and I haven't put anything other than ads and articles up in the past few days. If you're a parent of multiples (or even of several singletons), you'll understand where I'm coming from.

I have the sick.

Seriously, there was a time where I would narrowly avoid the 'cold of the season' or flu bug and watch as everone around me fell to their knees with sneezing fits and sick leave. Now I find myself getting every illness known to mankind.

Seth and Rayna are going to be 2 years old in March. Already, I think we're on our 9th or 10th cold since they were born. A few of them melted into each other...a cold would turn into a different kind of illness. Where I was needing the HydraSense, I later find myself cleaning up vomit. And guess who ends up catching all of it? Yes, wonderful injustice.

You can see trends in health. If you read the news carefully enough, you can be the Oracle for your circle of mom friends. You hear about an outbreak of the norovirus in Saskatchewan and it's just a matter of how long your kids will get it. My kids are in a home daycare. Our provider (Heather) is wonderful. I don't know how she does it, she has 4 kids of her own, 3 of which attend school. She has that much greater of a chance of getting sick. If she doesn't, you can bet the little ones do. So I trace the kids' sickness to there, then I have to wonder about how things must be at the schools, then where do they get it from, etc. Germs unfortunately travel well. It is SO easy to pass on sickness.

This is how pandemics work. I'm willing to bet the pharmacies must be making an absolute mint over all the crap that's going around.

So here I sit, nose clogged, head throbbing, sinuses blocked, fatigue setting in. I implore you, WILL IT EVER GET BETTER????

1 comment:

  1. If it gets better, it must be after age 3. My kid is 2.5 now, and this winter has been HELL. I swear she got sick more often this winter than in her first year at daycare. On the bright side, by the time your kiddies start school, they'll have kick-ass immune systems. All of those stay-at-home-mom kids and nanny kids will be sick while yours will have their germ shields up. That's consolation, right?

    ReplyDelete